Duplex Bb Euphonium - EP105 P
Sorry, this item is currently sold out.
The first of its kind, and inspired by instruments not seen for over half a century, the ‘Duplex was once popular in America, with many pieces written specifically for it during the early 20th century.
The ‘Duplex’ has two bells; one similar to a regular Euphonium, and the second providing a Trombone-like tone. A particularly versatile instrument, the ‘Duplex’ is ideally suited for both playing solos, and covering multiple parts.
The switch between bells is made by the use of a 5th valve, whilst the second bell is removable, enabling it to be played as Euphonium when desired.
- Key: Bb (both bells)
- Bell: Euphonium 12” (300mm)
- Trombone 8½” (216mm)
- Valves: 4 compensated piston valves and bell switch piston valve
- Bore: valves 1-3 - 0.59” (15mm)
- 4th valve - 16.8mm (0.66”)
- Shank: Euphonium large shank
- Weight: 13lb (5.85kg)
- New exclusive Wessex design (First ever compensated Duplex)
- Trombone bell removal and stored inside euphonium bell for transporting
- Stainless steel valves for reliable operation
- Vented valves for smooth legato playing
- Gold brass euphonium bell
- Handmade in high-grade workshop