Front-piston F Tuba ‘California-Symphony’ - TF556 HP
Sorry, this item is currently sold out.
The California is a large front-piston American style F tuba ideal for playing in orchestra, in brass quintet, or for solo use with a full rich and clear tone and good response across all registers.
The TF556HP is all hand-made using hand-hammered sheet brass in Wessex own high- grade workshop for a lightweight and really responsive tuba. Every one is carefully individually quality checked and play tested by a professional to ensure it is a pleasure for whoever becomes its eventual owner.
The California is an F tuba which will be equally suitable for use by a top professional tuba player, or an advanced student.
- Key: F
- Size: 6/4
- Bell: 17" (430mm)
- Bore, valves 1-3: 0.75” (19mm)
- Bore 4th valve: 0.79” (20mm)
- Bore 5th valve: 0.83” (21mm)
- Original Wessex design by Chuck Nickles
- All handmade and also hand-hammered
- In Gold lacquered or triple bright silver-plated finishes
- Stainless steel valves
- Large bore for easy low register
- Nickel leadpipe and slides
- Supplied with robust ABS wheeled case and mouthpiece
- Supplied with two main tuning slides or alternative length to easily play from A = 439 Hz to A = 443 Hz in different situations