When he was just 15 years old, talented brass musician Daniel Ridder started playing the Trombone; eventually moving on to professionally train to play the Tuba several years later.
It was around this time that Ridder joined the military, beginning his career as a Draftee in the Concert Band of the German Armed Forces in Siegburg.
However, it was only after Ridder was accepted as a member of the Training Band of the German Army in Hilden that he decided to become a professional Tuba player.
In 2004, Ridder started studying Tuba at the Robert Schumann Hochschule in Düsseldorf under Professor Hans Gelhar und Hans Nickel and graduated with his diploma in 2009.
Alongside his current post as Solo Tuba player for Concert Band of the German Armed Forces, Ridder regularly plays with well-known bands and orchestras, such as:
- WDR (West German Broadcasting) Symphonic Orchestra in Cologne
- Philharmonic Orchestra of Oldenburg Theatre
- Münster Symphonic Orchestra
- Duisburg Philharmonic Orchestra
- South Westphalian Philharmonic Orchestra in Hilchenbach
- Hagen Philharmonic Orchestra
- German Opera on Rhine Orchestra in Düsseldorf
In addition, Ridder has enjoyed many opportunities to travel the world; playing live concerts and recording several solo CDs.
Particularly passionate about sharing his knowledge and developing fellow musicians, Ridder also teaches workshops and professional masterclasses for deep brass instruments.