CC 4/4 Rotary Tuba ‘Mahler’ – TC470
Sorry, this item is currently sold out.
The 'Mahler' is a tuba which plays exceptionally well - its intonation is about as near perfect as possible. Based on a classic German design, the 'Mahler' has a richer tone and outperforms the tuba which it is based on. This is a 'must check-out' tuba if you are looking for a 4/4 CC for orchestra or band.
This tuba is also better than similar tubas from other companies in at it is built to last with robust nickel valve linkage, removable Z-valves for easy maintenance, nickel silver leadpipe to be rot resistant - and like all Wessex produced with care including triple polishing, double thickness silver-plating - and quality assured by Wessex team at factory before accepting.
- Key: C
- Bell: 16.75” (425mm)
- Bore: 0.77″ (19.5 mm )
- Height: 39⅓" (999mm)
- 5 rotary valves, with 5th flat one step
- Weight 22.5lb (10.2kg)
- Gold brass bell and leadpipe
- All nickel silver slides
- Robust nickel silver rotary valve linkage
- Nickel strengthening plates
- Nickel leadpipe
- Removable Z-valves
- 3rd slide pull ring
- Hardened bell for improved response and projection
- Smaller 16¾" diameter bell that equivalent tuba from other brands for more focused tone
- Molded ABS case with latches and robust wheels
- Wessex HB mouthpiece
The Gig bag for this tuba is B410. Ordering an available gig bag, together with your instrument, will save you shipping costs!
Note : The mouthpiece supplied with this instrument is silver and not gold as pictured.