French C Tuba - TC236 P
Sorry, this item is currently sold out.
Your fully-refundable payment will reserve an instrument for you from the next available shipment.
Gold Lacquer expected into stock April 2021, Silver will be available in July 2021
For over 100 years, from the mid-19th to mid- 20th centuries, French orchestral Tuba players exclusively played the small French C tuba; favouring their size and pitch against larger Tubas from other countries.
Pitched at the C above a Euphonium, this 6-valve instrument effortlessly plays all Tuba music, down to the lowest register.
Possessing a distinctive Gallic tone, the French C Tuba can often be heard as part of such timeless pieces as: Ravel’s Pictures at an Exhibition, Franck Symphony in D, Saint-Sains Organ Symphony, and Bizet’s Carmen; a ‘must- have’ for orchestral musicians who want to perform these works authentically.
- Key: C (tone above euphonium)
- Bell: 10” (260mm)
- Valves: 6 piston valves (regular lengths 1-4), flat tone 5th (adjustable to flat ½ tone), 6th valve puts down into F
- Bore: 0.57” to 0.59” (14.5mm to 15mm)
- Weight: 9½lb (4.35kg)
- Height: 22” (56cm)
- Fully Handmade with hand-hammered bell
- Exact reproduction of original French C tuba of the 1930’s (except 3rd slide to modern length for regular fingering)
- Stainless steel valves for reliable operation
- Nickel slides
- Supplied with tuba sized mouthpiece (receiver euphonium size)
- Small enough to use as travel tuba and take on air flight as hand luggage