French C Tuba - TC236 P
Sorry, this item is currently sold out.
For over 100 years, from the mid-19th to mid- 20th centuries, French orchestral Tuba players exclusively played the small French C tuba; favouring their size and pitch against larger Tubas from other countries.
Pitched at the C above a Euphonium, this 6-valve instrument effortlessly plays all Tuba music, down to the lowest register.
Possessing a distinctive Gallic tone, the French C Tuba can often be heard as part of such timeless pieces as: Ravel’s Pictures at an Exhibition, Franck Symphony in D, Saint-Sains Organ Symphony, and Bizet’s Carmen; a ‘must- have’ for orchestral musicians who want to perform these works authentically.
- Key: C (tone above euphonium)
- Bell: 10” (260mm)
- Valves: 6 piston valves (regular lengths 1-4), flat tone 5th (adjustable to flat ½ tone), 6th valve puts down into F
- Bore: 0.57” to 0.59” (14.5mm to 15mm)
- Weight: 9½lb (4.35kg)
- Height: 22” (56cm)
- Fully Handmade with hand-hammered bell
- Exact reproduction of original French C tuba of the 1930’s (except 3rd slide to modern length for regular fingering)
- Stainless steel valves for reliable operation
- Nickel slides
- Supplied with tuba sized mouthpiece (receiver euphonium size)
- Small enough to use as travel tuba and take on air flight as hand luggage